Monday, March 5, 2018

Hello Love / Studio Calico Guest Designer

Happy Monday, everyone!  I'm back today to share another layout I created as the March Guest Designer for Studio Calico.  I used the Bookmarked Scrapbook Kit only for this page. I used the ledger style patterned paper as my background since it was pretty neutral.  I cut strips from another patterned paper that had text on it and alternated it with some light blue paper.  I covered a lot of the area with white gesso to fade out some of the text and give me a bit of lighter area to work with.  I used some Distress Oxide in Peacock Feathers and combined that with some aqua Shimmerz from my stash.  I also added in some gold and pink sprays and splatters.  Once that dried, I machine stitched a bit through the strips with gold thread.


I love the texture from the gesso and mixed media products.  I sorted through the kit, and I really liked these giant aqua chipboard letters.  I used LOVE as my title and layered my photo over the O.  I fussy cut the flower clusters from patterned paper and layered some thread under it here.


I created a smaller cluster under the title using one of the kraft and white die cuts, some of the light pink pom pom ribbon trim and another fussy cut flower cluster.


I used a yellow and white patterned paper as a small and subtle layer under the photo as well as another flower.  I tucked in some pink thread as well.  I love the pop of color it gives as well as more texture.


I love how this turned out!  Such a pretty pop of color.


The kit contains three metal pieces like this one.  They have adhesive on the back, so you just peel and stick.  They are adorable and very sturdy.


Here's one last close-up of the bottom area.  Once everything was done, I added the date and the journaling, and I also curled up some of the edges of the paper strips for even more texture.


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I'll have my final layout for this Guest Design spot coming up soon!

Have a great week, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment